Saturday, November 6, 2010

Yunnan Redux

Yes!! We are back in business. I can continue to access my blog!

Who nu my next adventure would bring me back to Kunming? On November 7th, 2010 I flew back to China. To begin, I will be working with Minds Abroad, http://www.mindsabroad.com/ , a study abroad company that customizes trips for individuals and institutions throughout Yunnan. Then who knows...

This past week I have been hanging out in Beijing, staying with my friend Jordan. (You may remember him from my Xishuangbanna pictures at the waterfall) Jordan is currently starting a bagel company, Hegels bagels. I can vouch the bagels are delicious and his customers, almost entirely expats, are ecstatic. I had a great week helping Jordan make bagels and deliveries and exploring different areas of the vast city. But Beijing is already very cold and I felt excited to get off the plane and take off my winter jacket.

Pictures from a home-cooked meal with Jordan and my other wonderful Oberlin friend, Becca:






2 comments:

  1. we are very excited that you are blogging and will be your avid readers!!
    Can you find a little turkey for thanksgiving?
    Can we skype on Thanksgiving?
    Love you tal..
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talia,

    I hope the trip is going well so far and that you had a great time in Beijing! How was the bagel business?
    How does it feel to be back in Kunming-sp?? What kind of accomodations to you have and any friends there?
    Thinking of you and love you so much!

    Louise

    ReplyDelete