Thursday, December 16, 2010

Viewing my Kunming life from a Visitor's Perspective

Someone's been sleeping in my bed...



Yes for one week I got to enjoy the wonderful company of Kate, my close friend from my SIT Kunming semester. Kunming was a stop on Kate's travel journey from Russia, on the trans-Mongolian, to China, to Southeast Asia and then who knows. It is now almost two years since Kate and I both spent our semester abroad here and I enjoyed introducing her to my new life. Kunming is my home for now and I like telling people. It offers me a local status and opportunity to build some real bonds. And I have, I feel integrated into the lives of new friends and adjusted to the geography and pace of this city life. Though I know I have infinitely more to discover.

However, when Kate mentioned a possible travel adventure, I can't pretend I didn't get excited. Just to recap- I am living in China, bordering Southeast Asia, Tibet, and within an hour long plane ride to Calcutta. All I'm saying is my ears are open but I'm still walking slowly.

Sunday in Green Lake Park with Kate and Julie (Kate brings her toys):





No comments:

Post a Comment