Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sitting within "Stone Forest"

Day trip to Stone Forest or Shilin (in Chinese)


It's incredibly beautiful here. Unique natural formations lend themselves as romantic reflection spots. The weather is perfect- the large rocks buffer the sun and create a cooler breezy climate. From a distance the rocks appear to have a pattern of vertical stripes that distinguish this setting from anything I have ever seen before. As I weave through the rock structures, I find myself in a cave-like wonderland. The best part about being here is that I have taken off from my friends to explore on my own. Although Shilin is a tourist destination, I can wander on paths and hear no voices. It feels really refreshing to have this alone time. This coming Friday, the group will move out of the dorms and take a one week exploration trip before coming back to homestays in Kunming. Life has been wonderful and busy here, so enjoying some alone time in this magical setting is exactly what I need.















1 comment: